WANT TO BE A MEMBER?
How can I join?
Click here to view the membership application. Print and bring the application with you to your first Vegas Valley Dog Obedience Club Meeting and submit it to the Recording Secretary. You will need to attend two meetings. This does not have to be two meetings in a row, so do not worry if you cannot make back-to-back meetings. Meetings are usually held on the first Tuesday of the month. During the second meeting attended, we will vote on your application for membership. Applications are also available at the meetings.
What types of memberships are there?
There are actually four types of membership.
- Individual Membership. Individual membership shall be offered to all persons 18 years of age or older.
- Household Membership. Household membership shall be two (2) adult members residing in the same household, each eligible to vote and hold office.
- Junior Membership. There shall be a Junior membership extended to those under the age of 18 years of age. Junior members are not eligible to vote or hold office.
- Honorary Membership. Honorary membership shall be limited to those members who, upon completion of at least twenty-five (25) years of exemplary service to the Club, may be elected to such Honorary membership upon nomination by three (3) members in good standing and by a simple majority vote of the members eligible to vote present at the following or any succeeding meeting. Honorary members are those individuals who have made significant contributions to the Sport, Breed, or the Club; Honorary members pay no dues and are not eligible to vote, but can maintain regular membership with voting privileges if they pay dues and meet the criteria as a member in good standing. Honorary membership extends only to the member nominated and not to other household members.
Active vs. Inactive Members
In order for a member to be in Good Standing (i.e. Active), the member must attend six regular meetings for the calendar year, OR train/assist during one full training class session, OR attend three regular meetings AND volunteer for three club activities for the calendar year which include, but are not limited to:
- Stewarding at a local licensed Trial
- Setup or teardown at a local licensed Trial
- Serving on a Committee
- Organizing a Seminar
- Organizing any Club function
- Serving on the Board of Directors
- Assisting at Club-sponsored Matches
Although we do not require you to be active to stay a member, we are always looking for help with activities our club is involved with including those mentioned above. Please remember it is our members who allows us to provide dog training to the public and put on trials and matches year after year.
How much does it cost to be a member?
- Individual – $15.00/year
- Family – $25.00/year
Membership dues shall be payable before the first day of January each year.
What if I cannot attend meetings?
Please contact the club directly for exceptions that can be granted on an individual basis.